We started the next morning bright and early so Josh could run in the annual Firecracker 5K race. I'm always amazed how on somewhat of a whim he just up and runs. I think he had run a total of 3 miles in preparation (and no, that was not at one time!). It would be amazing to see what he could really do if he properly prepared! But hey, he enjoyed it, we have fun as spectators, and he's never walked which is more than I think I could say for myself! Josh's only goal - beat #123 he he. I must admit though that for the first time (and i've been to a lot of races) it looked like fun and perhaps I will try for it next year. Don't hold me to it though!

We then headed off to the parade where our favorite cousins had saved us lovely front row seats in the shade. How sweet is that? Some floats were quite entertaining and flying candy - my kids were thrilled.



We were then off to my parents where Kendall and his family were over as well as moms little sister Cindy. We spent the remainder of the day playing outside and eating good food. The kids had a ball on grandma's new waterslide. We had water balloon races, water gun fights and obstacle courses just to name a few. It was so fun just being together and enjoying the warmth (there were times this year I never thought warm was coming).
Annika loving the new slides.

Davis and Coleman ready for war.

Marshmellows allow for a recharge.

Ashley modeling her new swimwear.

Grant chillin' in the pool. Love that chub.

Photo finish of Mitchel and Justin's millionth race.
We did not attend the fireworks show. Kind of wished we had. Somehow it doesn't feel like the 4th as much without seeing that. But, the late nights were catching up to us and we had another very early morning planned.
Saturday beginning at 6:30 am was the annual grandkids fishing trip with grandaddy. It was early, but the fishing was good. We talked David into joining us and helping with the fishing - it is quite a task to help 7 little kids get their hooks baited, casted, and reeled in. Not to mention removing hooks and such from those that are caught.
Grandaddy and Jacob. What a lovely morning.
David helped Coleman reel in a nice fish. Coleman did NOT want to touch it.
Annika's dog enjoyed a good swim after the fishing was through.
Ashley eager to attempt fishing.
Quickly bored and retreated to the gravel for some kind of make-believe.
Horrible sun smack in the face. Mitchel with his first catch - hooked and reeled all the way in on his own. He is totally confident in his fishing ability!
Josh and Justin. Poor Justin. The only kid who didn't catch a fish. No matter where he threw his line in, they just wouldn't bite. All around him they were reeling them in. I thought his little heart would break. I mean, he is the most competitive kid out there and he was having no luck. Luckily the pain faded rather quickly.
And no trip is complete without homemade ice cream. Coleman and Davis were selected as dasher lickers. They were happy boys.
1 comment:
oh yay! we had so much fun. you have some great shots too.
Post a Comment