Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Dinner
Food is quite important around my house. When I tuck the kids in at night they wonder what we will be eating for breakfast, and when we eat breakfast they often inquire about dinner. I typically get home from work around 530-6. Kids are starving and I'm exhausted. This combination resulted in many a night eating out or having less than desirable dinners. I launched a plan to remedy the situation. After dinner and dishes are done, I prep dinner for the next night. Then the kids can pop it in the oven at a specified time after school. It takes a lot of time and effort and sometimes I really don't want to do it, but it makes the next night so much better. When I get home we can usually eat within 15 minutes And everyone is happy with a good balanced meal, including me. I like food as much as the kids do. And after we eat, I get to do it all over again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good ideas! I'm trying to get my kids to be more independent in the kitchen but its a slow process!
Post a Comment